Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Been driving my custom Flex Limited AWD for 10 days

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GaryAmundson

GaryAmundson

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

:happy feet: 400 miles... this is a great vehicle. Rides SMOOTH, plenty of room, QUIET, the Nav is AWESOME with it's voice rec and Sync. A TON of room in the second row (I've got the 2 seat middle row). I'm 6' 5" and the driving position can be made perfect with plenty of headroom. This is a seriously fantastic vehicle. I've had 2 Explorers (Limited and Eddie Bauer) and a Cadi SRX in the past 8 years and this vehicle blows them away! I can't say enough about the Nav system, performs beautifully and with the voice rec controlling the music and bluetooth phone I can't even begin to say how happy I am with the whole package!! Bluetooth sync with my HTC Mogul (Sprint) was a no-brainer. All it needs is an autopilot :rolleyes: and it would be darn near perfect. Third row is for short people, at my height you can get plenty of legroom if the second row is scooted up, but there isn't enough headroom for 6'5". No big deal unless you know 6 people my height :blink:

This vehicle is a keeper!

Edited by GaryAmundson, 28 September 2008 - 06:26 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   jackflash

jackflash

Flex-a-holic

• Ford Flex Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

Do you plan any exterior mods? I know some people are personalizing their Flex.

#3 OFFLINE   GaryAmundson

GaryAmundson

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

Do you plan any exterior mods? I know some people are personalizing their Flex.

I'm keeping my eyes open for mods, but haven't seen anything compelling yet. How about you, JackFlash, do you plan any mods?

#4 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for posting your impressions.

The "custom" bit in your title implies mods. Since you can't change the title...

#5 OFFLINE   GaryAmundson

GaryAmundson

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for posting your impressions.

The "custom" bit in your title implies mods. Since you can't change the title...

"Custom" can also mean I ordered from the factory to my specs. But I understand where you're coming from...

#6 OFFLINE   mkaresh

mkaresh

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

"Custom" can also mean I ordered from the factory to my specs. But I understand where you're coming from...

I hadn't thought of that...so now I understand where you're coming from as well.

Unless sales pick up, I wouldn't expect many mods to be available.

#7 OFFLINE   Dunetrotter

Dunetrotter

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Unless sales pick up, I wouldn't expect many mods to be available.

There is a mesh grille system out and an cat back exhaust system now. PT Woody did a wood panel kit, which kinda looks like their PT kit. The only other stuff I have seen is the Ford accessories like, the seat covers, and the foose rims, some little odds and ends stuff.

#8 OFFLINE   trev0006

trev0006

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

I willl be buying one next month, can't wait.

:happy feet: 400 miles... this is a great vehicle. Rides SMOOTH, plenty of room, QUIET, the Nav is AWESOME with it's voice rec and Sync. A TON of room in the second row (I've got the 2 seat middle row). I'm 6' 5" and the driving position can be made perfect with plenty of headroom. This is a seriously fantastic vehicle. I've had 2 Explorers (Limited and Eddie Bauer) and a Cadi SRX in the past 8 years and this vehicle blows them away! I can't say enough about the Nav system, performs beautifully and with the voice rec controlling the music and bluetooth phone I can't even begin to say how happy I am with the whole package!! Bluetooth sync with my HTC Mogul (Sprint) was a no-brainer tires. All it needs is an autopilot :rolleyes: and it would be darn near perfect. Third row is for short people, at my height you cars can get plenty of legroom if the second row is scooted up, but there isn't enough headroom for 6'5". No big deal unless you know 6 people my height :blink:

This vehicle is a keeper!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·