Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Wheels & Brakes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   polarflex

polarflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

My 2009 Flex now has 55000 miles going on it's 4 th set of brakes. Just order after market slotted rotor with performance pads. Time will tell once installed. I think I am more disappointed in Ford Motor Company than the car. The 20" painted wheels on my Flex look terrible. Not sure if it's from the car wash or just normal driving. Bad design. I contacted Ford customer service and I got there normal responce. NONE. When you have a prolem they just hope you go go away. I purchased three new 2011 Ford trucks for my buisness this year. I didn't think I would never say this but I am giving up on Ford. I desided to sell the Flex later this year. I just purchased four new 2012 Nissian Vans for work.

#2 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

My 2009 Flex now has 55000 miles going on it's 4 th set of brakes. Just order after market slotted rotor with performance pads. Time will tell once installed. I think I am more disappointed in Ford Motor Company than the car. The 20" painted wheels on my Flex look terrible. Not sure if it's from the car wash or just normal driving. Bad design. I contacted Ford customer service and I got there normal responce. NONE. When you have a prolem they just hope you go go away. I purchased three new 2011 Ford trucks for my buisness this year. I didn't think I would never say this but I am giving up on Ford. I desided to sell the Flex later this year. I just purchased four new 2012 Nissian Vans for work.

Iím sorry to hear about your poor experience and that your Flex is having those issues. I would like to reach out to you and offer my assistance to try and make things right. Would you mind sending me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name?

Cory

#3 OFFLINE   jettech462

jettech462

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

I'am having the same problem with my wheels. I have a 2010 Limited with the 20" painted wheels. They have several places that the paint is chipped or pitted. This is not from normal wear or abuse. The manufacturing and paint process of the rims was poor to say the least. I showed it to my customer service rep he took pictures and the reply was it was normal. I haven't pushed it yet, but I hope this is not normal or Ford will be losing a lot of business because of a stupid rim.

#4 OFFLINE   geom1831

geom1831

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Same thing has occurred with my 2010 Flex. The dealer acts like it's not Ford's problem. I suspect this came from car wash applied product (possibly Armour all tire treatment). I've never seen black pitting like this on other cars with expensive wheels. What would possess Ford to put painted wheels on a car which would be subject to this kind of pitting!!!

Anyone else have this type of problem? Has anyone had any acceptable resolution? Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   geom1831

geom1831

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Sorry my posted shopuld have read "2009 Fles".

Also interesting, when you search on forum NOTHING comes up for Flex pitted wheels! NOTHING! Had to Google to come up with this post.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·