Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie wants a factory remote start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sbessel

sbessel

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

Hello,

I am looking at a factory remote start unit for my 2010 limited, and I have a couple of questions: (o.k. more like a few)

I see they have two units available for the 2010, the AG1Z-19G364-A Bi-directional unit, and the AL2Z-19G364-A unit.

I have downloaded and read the manual for both, but it seemed to leave a lot of open questions, so I am looking for first hand experience.

• Does anyone have experience with either of these?
  • I am looking at the bi-directional unit, but is it worth the extra $60?

I am looking to install this myself and have some technical questions:
  • If I get the part number listed above does it include all the necessary parts, or will I need a bypass module or some other critical component? (barring the misc relay, wire or such)
  • How hard is the install, Is it 90% plug and play, or is like an aftermarket unit where you are cutting into everything?

I have personally installed remote start units on at least a dozen vehicles for myself and friends, and have always used after market units, but at this point I am looking for compatibility, factory support and ease of install. I am getting a bit too old to spend the weekend under the dash and bent over fenderů

I can get them directly from my dealer, $312 for the Bi-directional unit and $257 for the other one. I would appreciate any recommendations for other sources, as I would like to save a few bucks, but I am not willing to risk it on a fly-by-night discount internet site I have no experience with.

I want to pull the trigger in the next couple of weeks as it is starting to get quite hot around here and I really miss my remote start.

Any answers, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(the less time I spend on this project the more I can dedicate to getting my sill plates working with my ambient lights )

Thanks in advance,

Scott
  • sfbernalguy likes this

#2 OFFLINE   2011FLEXED

2011FLEXED

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

Hello,

I am looking at a factory remote start unit for my 2010 limited, and I have a couple of questions: (o.k. more like a few)

I see they have two units available for the 2010, the AG1Z-19G364-A Bi-directional unit, and the AL2Z-19G364-A unit.

I have downloaded and read the manual for both, but it seemed to leave a lot of open questions, so I am looking for first hand experience.

• Does anyone have experience with either of these?
  • I am looking at the bi-directional unit, but is it worth the extra $60?

I am looking to install this myself and have some technical questions:
  • If I get the part number listed above does it include all the necessary parts, or will I need a bypass module or some other critical component? (barring the misc relay, wire or such)
  • How hard is the install, Is it 90% plug and play, or is like an aftermarket unit where you are cutting into everything?

I have personally installed remote start units on at least a dozen vehicles for myself and friends, and have always used after market units, but at this point I am looking for compatibility, factory support and ease of install. I am getting a bit too old to spend the weekend under the dash and bent over fenderů

I can get them directly from my dealer, $312 for the Bi-directional unit and $257 for the other one. I would appreciate any recommendations for other sources, as I would like to save a few bucks, but I am not willing to risk it on a fly-by-night discount internet site I have no experience with.

I want to pull the trigger in the next couple of weeks as it is starting to get quite hot around here and I really miss my remote start.

Any answers, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(the less time I spend on this project the more I can dedicate to getting my sill plates working with my ambient lights )

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Is this what you want a 1 button remote start, it's for sale
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Johnston5

Johnston5

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Honda city

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

Most of the installers will tuck the key storage box as far up the dash as possible so it's not easily accessible, and the thief will need to know what they are looking for. Most bypass boxes are held together by 4 phillips screws, so it will take some time to get them open. Another way to do this is to order a "programmed" blank key from the dealer, so that its not as easy as open the box, put the key in the ignition and drive away. In my opinion, if they are going through this much trouble to steal it, then not much will deter them away.

Most alarm/starter systems will come with a shock sensor, and most of the time it's considered to be part of a basic install. As far as factory alarm VS aftermarket security goes, I think the adjustability of the shock sensor sensitivty might be on the top of the list. I haven't seen a factory shock sensor add-on with sensitivity adjustment yet, but the new ones might have one.

Glass-break sensor is considered an add-on for most shops, because it's a seperate sensor that you purchase seperately. It's a nice add-on if you are really paranoid about getting your car broken in to, and because the glass break sensor uses a high frequency mic, it will pick up low impact glass breakages.

#4 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Lincoln MKT, Ecoboost, Crystal Champagne

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

I just had the factory BI-DIRECTIONAL remote start installed on my MKT, and yes, I feel the bi directional is well worth the extra. I love the fact that the remote tells me that the car did in fact start as I commanded it to do!!!!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·