Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Evaporator Valve Replaced at $$44K miles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TxFlexin

TxFlexin

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hello,

Big fan of the Ford Flex as we were one of the very early adopters. We bought our Flex in 2009 and use it extensively on long trips to Indy and just recently in Colorado. We are still turning heads on our third year and the reliability has been pretty good. Two weeks ago however, we noticed our AC was not working. It urns out the evaporator valve needed replaced. My concern is that this was a very expensive repair for a car with only 46K miles, is this normal? Can I expect this to fail every 40K miles or so? This is my second AC repair and really has us worried now as the labor costs 5X the part. Do you have a list on other cheap parts are going to start going? Will this be our new normal?

#2 OFFLINE   TxFlexin

TxFlexin

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hello,

Big fan of the Ford Flex as we were one of the very early adopters. We bought our Flex in 2009 and use it extensively on long trips to Indy and just recently in Colorado. We are still turning heads on our third year and the reliability has been pretty good. Two weeks ago however, we noticed our AC was not working. It urns out the evaporator valve needed replaced. My concern is that this was a very expensive repair for a car with only 46K miles, is this normal? Can I expect this to fail every 40K miles or so? This is my second AC repair and really has us worried now as the labor costs 5X the part. Do you have a list on other cheap parts are going to start going? Will this be our new normal?

#3 OFFLINE   TxFlexin

TxFlexin

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Ok, two more trips back to the dealership to try and get this A/C fixed. Really starting to get irritated with this car. If you stop the A/C stops, go and the A/C goes making it useless in stop and go traffic. So this is the 4th] time we've had this into the dealer.......

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

Sounds like the cooling fans aren't working properly.
  • robertlane likes this

#5 OFFLINE   racerraj

racerraj

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Long after your post, but I am wondering if you resolved the cooling in traffic issue and how?  As someone mentioned, one of my two cooling fans was not working.  Fixed that, cools a little better.  Still not like it should.

#6 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Flex Fan

• Pip
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby Mustang

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Long after your post, but I am wondering if you resolved the cooling in traffic issue and how?  As someone mentioned, one of my two cooling fans was not working.  Fixed that, cools a little better.  Still not like it should.

I had a cooling fan failure and it fixed the problem.

• racerraj likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·