Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Clicking sound behind passanger dash
Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:56 AM
Any suggestions or opinions
Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:07 AM
Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:54 PM
Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:27 PM
Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:37 AM
The clicking noise is caused by the HVAC Recirculation Door Activator. To confirm this is YOUR problem, when you start the vehicle and the clicking begins, immediately push the recirculating air button. If the noise stops, that is the problem. The fix is relatively simple.
1. Open the glove box.
2. When it hits the stops, gently squeeze the sides to allow the stops to move past the dashboard.
3. The glove box should open all the way up with the glove box door pointing straight down to the floor
4. Look through the opening and on the firewall, you will see the actuator. It is attached to the firewall with 2 screws and has 1 connector. The unit is black with a white top and is approximately 3.5" wide x 3.5 long x 1" thick.
5. Take out the 2 screws, disconnect the connector and head off to your Ford dealer. (I paid $18.02 with tax)
6. Installation is the reverse of the removal.
Simple and easy and a savings of $200+ over what the dealer wanted to replace the unit!
Edited by garyst16, 06 July 2012 - 07:18 PM.
- GrySql likes this
Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:22 AM
Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:33 AM
I had the same problem. Thank you very much for the step-by-step fix. I had just a little problem getting the glove box door all the down, but after getting that resolved it was relatively easy.
Again, thank you very much.
Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:36 PM
Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:36 AM