Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Clicking sound behind passanger dash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dcrummey

dcrummey

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

I recently noticed a clicking sound behind the passenger dashboard. It is periodic and lasts for about 7-10 seconds. It's quite loud. I noticed it when I pulled into a parking lot and came to a stop the ...click, click, click ect...Seems like it is behind the passenger dash close to the center console. It did happen once when I turned on the climate control.

Any suggestions or opinions

Daniel

#2 OFFLINE   Realtortb123

Realtortb123

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

I too have heard this clicking noise.

#3 OFFLINE   packerman

packerman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

I have it as well right after starting the engine and occasionally while we are driving. I've noticed it usually happens when there is no one sitting in the passenger seat. Normally, the passenger air bag turns off when no one is sitting in the seat and the light comes on in the dash console. I've noticed, the light doesn't come on so I'm thinking the clicking noise has something to do with the air bag not switching off. If I didn't live 50 miles from the nearest dealership, I'd take it in and get it checked out but its just going to have to wait.

#4 OFFLINE   arend15734

arend15734

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Has anyone found the resolution to this? Mine just started that noise last week. Very loud tapping in rapid succession maybe 10-15 times. Most of the time I am driving as this occurs, but speed is irrelevant. One thought was the cd player, but it is not in use and empty of cd's.

#5 OFFLINE   garyst16

garyst16

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

The clicking noise is caused by the HVAC Recirculation Door Activator. To confirm this is YOUR problem, when you start the vehicle and the clicking begins, immediately push the recirculating air button. If the noise stops, that is the problem. The fix is relatively simple.

1. Open the glove box.

2. When it hits the stops, gently squeeze the sides to allow the stops to move past the dashboard.

3. The glove box should open all the way up with the glove box door pointing straight down to the floor

4. Look through the opening and on the firewall, you will see the actuator. It is attached to the firewall with 2 screws and has 1 connector. The unit is black with a white top and is approximately 3.5" wide x 3.5 long x 1" thick.

5. Take out the 2 screws, disconnect the connector and head off to your Ford dealer. (I paid $18.02 with tax)

6. Installation is the reverse of the removal.

Simple and easy and a savings of $200+ over what the dealer wanted to replace the unit!

Edited by garyst16, 06 July 2012 - 07:18 PM.

• GrySql likes this

#6 OFFLINE   mralg79

mralg79

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex 2010

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

THE same is happing to me do you have a part# or pics?

#7 OFFLINE   timandkris

timandkris

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Garyst16,
I had the same problem. Thank you very much for the step-by-step fix. I had just a little problem getting the glove box door all the down, but after getting that resolved it was relatively easy.
Again, thank you very much.

tim

#8 OFFLINE   thewolfman

thewolfman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Flex Limited Non Ecoboost

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

does it in our new 2013 too but under warranty so deal should fix it ... we will see ...

#9 OFFLINE   Gerry Barnes-Baucom

Gerry Barnes-Baucom

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

Just fixed mine thanks for the info part was 32.00 dollars now easy fix...pay to be a farm girl :)

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·