Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
ECO possible convert?
Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:57 AM
Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:58 AM
Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:30 PM
Just about every part is different, so you'd be better off just trading in.
Really, I thought it would be a few parts to change. Thanks
Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:12 AM
Is it possible to convert a 3.5L V6 into a 3.5L Eco Boost?
The only thing the two engines share, besides the engine bay, is the displacement. Both engines are entirely different from each other. The heads are DI, so the intake is different, the pistons are designed for the DI, so they are different. The block itself has been beefed up to handle the increased torque, It's possible the crank and connecting rods are the same, and maybe, just maybe they use the same oil pan.
Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:47 AM