Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Mobility Kit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

My Flex is equipped with a tire mobility kit. The vehicle is a '10 model with only about 7000 miles. I bought it new almost exactly one year ago (May 31st). Today I was driving the rig and I got a "Service tire mobility kit" warning in the center screen between the tach and the speedometer. It appears that I can reset this warning myself by hitting the reset button which I haven't done yet.

In the manual it states something about recharging/replacing the bottle every four years. I doubt there is any wifi/bluetooth signals from the kit to the car. Anyone else had this warning?

#2 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

I finally figured out the deal on this warning. In the center instrument panel if you page through all the options, one of them is about this "mobility kit" for fixing a flat tire when towing a trailer since the small donut tire is not rated for use while towing.

The kit should be serviced after 4 years. Apparently the car has a date function in the computer and this warning is set to appear every year leading up the 4 year period. My vehicle was coming up on the end of the first year of service and hence, the warning. If I didn't do anything, the warning would appear every time I started the vehicle. So, I found the reset feature and now the warning is set to come on after the 2nd year. It's necessary to do this reset every year if you do not want to see the warning. I'm thinking this feature may only be on vehicles with a tow package.

Edited by eosBlue, 10 June 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Missed Again

Missed Again

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Location:Spartanburg, SC, Lake Adger, NC Ocean Isle Beach, NC
  • Current Vehicle:Flex, Dodge Pickup, Exterra

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Where is this reset feature and how do you do it?  

#4 OFFLINE   djflex

djflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts
  • Current Vehicle:07 F350 diesel and an 11 Flex Limited

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

To reset the "service tire mobility kit" message yourself, you use the "setup" button (located between the info and reset buttons) above the display screen for audio, maps, etc.  Simply press the "setup" button until you come to tire mobility kit option.  Once this option is displayed, press the "reset" button and it will reset the message to appear again in 1, 2, 3, or 4 years.  I never use my Flex for towing purposes so I pressed the "reset" button 4 times so I will not have to see the message again for 4 years.  Hopefully someone finds this post helpful!

#5 OFFLINE   Ford Flex Guide

Ford Flex Guide

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fords

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

Let's move this topic to wheels and tires so that others can find it more easily :)

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·