Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2010 Sync Microphone not working...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jamesmom774

Jamesmom774

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hello, I am a reader mostly in this amazing forum, but my first post...

I have a 2010 SEL and a brother who works at a Ford dealership. He recently did a Tech Bulletin for the radio (something to do with making the channels come in clearer and more stereo)
Well after the fact, all works better, but now the Microphone doesn't dectect anything. It worked fine before. He has no clue what happened and nain ow he has run out of options to fix this before I take it to another dealership to look at.
What I have done so far, is disconnected the battery for 10 minutes to reset the whole car... No joy
and pulled the F14 fuse to reset the SYNC system, again no joy.

The mic is not plugged into the radio itself of what he replaced. So....this is why he is confused.

I am ready for anything to try and correct this issue myself than letting it sit at the dealership for a week while they troubleshoot this.
And for the brilliant comments about my brother.

#2 OFFLINE   Jamesmom774

Jamesmom774

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

[So it has been taken back to the dealership, and low and behold, they are arguing since it is pass warranty, I will have to pay but it is documented that all my issues were done within the warranty.

So they have tried the resetting fuses, disconnected the battery and tried some coding thing with a laptop. But the guy who was working on it, definetly was not moving at any light speed and probably smoked a whole pack of cigarettes while I waited for 3 hours.

No one still knows what to do. Does any one have any suggestions? Any light to head to in any direction?

#3 OFFLINE   Big Red

Big Red

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

My mic stopped woring as well. And this is a mic installed per a service bulletin to solve a problem with the mic in the rear view mirror. Anyone know if ther are any more SB for this problem? The dealer want $90 to trouble shoot.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·