Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple tranny issues with NO indicator light

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MelanieMaguire

MelanieMaguire

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

At 10,000 miles our ford flex decelerated at highway speed. No indicator light. Shop found leaking seal replaced. The next day learched forward while idling Twice. I thought I had been bumped from behind. No warning light again. This time they replaced warning light and recoded. A third time as we were pulling in to dealership the car learcged twice. I thought we might end up IN the lobby. This time they kept car two weeks and worked 100 hours on it. I don't want to ever drive it again as I fear for my safety. Very concerned and want to return under lemon law

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

At 10,000 miles our ford flex decelerated at highway speed. No indicator light. Shop found leaking seal replaced. The next day learched forward while idling Twice. I thought I had been bumped from behind. No warning light again. This time they replaced warning light and recoded. A third time as we were pulling in to dealership the car learcged twice. I thought we might end up IN the lobby. This time they kept car two weeks and worked 100 hours on it. I don't want to ever drive it again as I fear for my safety. Very concerned and want to return under lemon law

Have they changed the throttle body?

#3 OFFLINE   MelanieMaguire

MelanieMaguire

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Who is asking?

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

This is a public forum. i could be anybody. Who are you?

#5 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 267 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

What year, model and engine/drive train do you have. And yes it could be a throttle body problem.

#6 OFFLINE   Familyguy

Familyguy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

My 2010 Eco boost has a similar problem. Hard to tell but I think is it is actually slipping out of gear. One time I put it in reverse and it was like it was in neutral (yes the reverse lights were on). I'm going back to trhe ford dealership again this week and will have them install a black box.

#7 OFFLINE   kmiller

kmiller

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Flex

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

My 2010 Eco boost has a similar problem. Hard to tell but I think is it is actually slipping out of gear. One time I put it in reverse and it was like it was in neutral (yes the reverse lights were on). I'm going back to trhe ford dealership again this week and will have them install a black box.

Hi, i also have a 2010 Flex Ecoboost. 10000 miles. Mine is in the shop for the 5th time in 2 1/2 months. It will slip into neutral at times when accelerating. It has had the feeling of being bumped from behind. We have had speed variations at speeds above 45mph. We have even had enough of a speed variation at 70 mph on cruise control that cruise control shuts off. I have contacted Ford Care. They have now instructed the dealer to just give it back. They have not been able to duplicate it enough. They have reprogrammed ecoboost. Put a transmission plate in. Replaced entire accelerator assembly. Replaced throttle. Now Ford is telling me that until it does it ALL THE TIME their hands are tied! So today I get to pick it up after they have had it for a WEEK and they have not done anything to it! I love my Flex, but this is ridiculous! Anyone have any helpful info? I have started looking into the lemon laws as well.

#8 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

My 2010 Eco boost has a similar problem. Hard to tell but I think is it is actually slipping out of gear...

Familyguy,

Iím happy to help with the problem youíre having with your Flex. I can escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager for your region. You can PM me with your contact info, VIN, dealer information, and mileage and Iíll arrange for you to be called you for further assistance.

Hi, i also have a 2010 Flex Ecoboost. 10000 miles. Mine is in the shop for the 5th time in 2 1/2 months...

kmiller,

I replied to the PM you sent me, so please check your inbox for the details.

Cory

#9 OFFLINE   tjszx2

tjszx2

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

I have a 2009 Flex SEL 42300 miles purchased Feb 2009, I took my Flex in because it felt as if the transmission was slipping between 2nd and 3rd to the point that it caused the vehicle to feel as if it were shuttering/jerking.....I got the line I expected from the service department, "we will look at it but if we can not duplicate the problem then there is really nothing we can do", I mentioned the 3 TBS out on the Flex concerning the tranny issues, I won't go into the response I got.  Anyway because they could not duplicate the issue as I told them they most likely would not be able to do, they would only reprogramed the PCM (the only TSB they said applied to my particular vehicle).  Well they will be getting a phone call in the morning (30 May 2013), on my way home from work once again there is was....the shuttering and jerking not to mention earlier in the day I had notice a new symptom....hard shifting (with a jerk as if I was being pushed from behind) so not only did they not fix the issue originally noted but they now have created a new problem. I have been a faithful Ford owner for over 30 years and now I am beginning to have doubts, I love my Flex, its a beautiful vehicle that turns heads however, when ones pays a large sum of $$$$$ for a vehicle one would expect it to operate a drive as designed, this is a major issue...does me no good to have and make payments on a beautiful vehicle when I can't drive it with the fear that something more may go wrong with the transmission.  What's it take to get a loaner car from Ford?  I wasn't even offered a ride home when I dropped my car off however, they asked if I was going to wait on it (they had my vehicle all day)

#10 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi there tjszx2,

I would like to look into this concern. Please private message me your VIN, dealer name/location, your best daytime phone number, and full name and I’ll look into your options.

Meagan

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·