Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Disable front seatbelt chime?
Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:49 PM
Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:13 PM
Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:37 PM
Thanks, that would be great.
Yes. It is in the manual- I just did it last night. I don't have the manual in front of me right now, but when I do, I'll post what page.
Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:39 AM
I owned a 2005 Ford Freestyle. There was a software switch readily accessible by the owner (I believe it was noted in the owners manual) that would disable the seat belt chime if it annoyed you. Does anyone know if that feature is selectable on the Flex?
Here you go , I copied this from a manual for the 2010 Flex
WARNING: While the design allows you to deactivate your
Belt-Minder, this system is designed to improve your chances of
being safely belted and surviving an accident. We recommend you
leave the Belt-Minder system activated for yourself and others who
may use the vehicle. To reduce the risk of injury, do not
deactivate/activate the Belt-Minder feature while driving the vehicle.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position. DO NOT START THE
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (Approximately one
3. Wait 10 seconds after the safety belt warning light turns off.
• Step 4 must be completed within 20 seconds after the completion of
4. For the seating position being disabled buckle then unbuckle the
safety belt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled
• After Step 4, the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
5. Within approximately seven seconds of the light turning off, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable the Belt-Minder feature for that seating position if it
is currently enabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will
flash four times per second for three seconds.
• This will enable the Belt-Minder feature for that seating position if it
is currently disabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will
flash four times per second for three seconds, followed by three
seconds with the light off, then followed by the safety belt warning
light flashing four times per second for three seconds again.
Seating and Safety Restraints
Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:07 AM