Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Ford Flex Towing Guides

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ford Flex Guide

Ford Flex Guide

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fords

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

Click here to download the Ford Flex towing guides.

#2 OFFLINE   Betty2

Betty2

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Limited

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Does the 2013 Limited come with the fuse box "ready to go" for the towing harness? ....for example: My F-150 came with a tow package. But you had to insert the fuse into the proper slot in the fuse box under the hood for the trailer brakes / lights to work when I hooked up. The 2013 Limited Flex we plan to buy does not have the "tow package", but does it have the fuse box ready ? 

#3 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

No, without the tow package installed at the factory, none of that is available. In fact I dont think the connection under the dash for the trailer brake is even there. I haven't looked deep enough yet, but I dont see it in its usual place.  If you want to add towing to the Flex, then you will need a few parts from the dealer, I dont recommend using a non OEM trailer hitch unless you only plan to tow class 1.  The OEM one states it is class I, but is the same hitch that is used with the factory tow package. 

Since this thread is for the towing guides, it will be best to open a new thread regarding this. 

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·