Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

4 wheel drive option!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MrChubs1

MrChubs1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

You guys sure went off topic in this section. I want to clear a couple things up. It says not to use E85 in this vehicle. You would not want to anyway. They should just take it off the market because it is taking away from the food market (corn) and there is plenty of fuel around anyway. The other problem is that anybody I know that has used the E85 told me it burns faster. In other words the MPG drops compared to regular fuel. I even noticed when I drove my Expedition that when using high ethanol added fuels that the mileage dropped. Don't listen to the government. There is plenty of oil out there and they keep finding more.

It doesn't burn faster (that would cause pre-ignition), it just doesn't have the same "power density" and more volume of it is required to get the mixture right.

#22 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

it burns colder so that is why the engine has to use more to keep it burning as if it was gas. that is why the MPGs drop. you need more to keep the fire going. :happy feet: i agree they should take it off the market it has done more harm than good.

#23 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

It doesn't burn faster (that would cause pre-ignition), it just doesn't have the same "power density" and more volume of it is required to get the mixture right.

Well, "Power Density" sure does sound a lot more hip than British Thermal Units, that's for sure.....

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·