Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

4 wheel drive option!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DixieBlueRider

DixieBlueRider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

If Ford would like to sell more of the flex's they should change the name! The new ford flex looks like one of the first models of Broncos just with four doors and no 4wheel drive, Bring back the name bronco and introduce another model similar to the 78-96 bronco body styles!

#2 OFFLINE   Cowtown Flex

Cowtown Flex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

If Ford would like to sell more of the flex's they should change the name! The new ford flex looks like one of the first models of Broncos just with four doors and no 4wheel drive, Bring back the name bronco and introduce another model similar to the 78-96 bronco body styles!

Ya, I'm not a big fan of the name 'Flex' either but the 'Bronco' brings up bad memories involving
1) p.o.s. vehicle and
2) guilty hall of famer on the run.
I wonder why they scrapped the concept name of 'Fairlane' for the Flex. Thats nostalgic and cool in my opinion.

#3 OFFLINE   jackflash

jackflash

Flex-a-holic

• Ford Flex Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

Bronco? No.

Flex isn't a good name though.

#4 OFFLINE   Griffin71

Griffin71

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Bronco? No.

Flex isn't a good name though.

You would be surprised how the name of a vehicle influences people into buying it. With that said I was told once at work that when it came to sales a big part of the "EDGES" sales were because of the name. The people who gave this new CUV the name "FLEX" feel it too will have the same result. On the flipside a bad name can really hurt sales, and there are many who same the name "FreeStar" really killed the sale of that Mini-van.

#5 OFFLINE   Lue

Lue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:46 AM

I get tired of explaining that it doesn't run on Flex Fuel.

#6 OFFLINE   jackflash

jackflash

Flex-a-holic

• Ford Flex Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

Ditto on that one!

#7 OFFLINE   HawaiiTech

HawaiiTech

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Ditto on that one!

Same... I do a lot of work with alternative fuels and friends immediately assumed it was a flex-fuel engine. I live Hawaii that doesn't have access to E85....Dah!

I would have surely thought they would keep the Fairlane name from SEMA. It fit well and was recognized.

#8 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

Ditto on that one!

Same... I do a lot of work with alternative fuels and friends immediately assumed it was a flex-fuel engine. I live Hawaii that doesn't have access to E85....Dah!

I would have surely thought they would keep the Fairlane name from SEMA. It fit well and was recognized.

Yup, I hear that one all the time too.

#9 OFFLINE   GaryAmundson

GaryAmundson

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

Yup, I hear that one all the time too.

When I hear it, I just respond, "Yeah, it's a stupid name".

It was just a few years ago they had the "flex"fuel logo on the vehicles that supported the stuff, and the Flex can't even use it...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this vehicle, but the thing is, it's really not any more "flexible" than any other SUV. Personally I think that it should be named the Ford Comfortable! :blink:

#10 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

When I hear it, I just respond, "Yeah, it's a stupid name".

It was just a few years ago they had the "flex"fuel logo on the vehicles that supported the stuff, and the Flex can't even use it...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this vehicle, but the thing is, it's really not any more "flexible" than any other SUV. Personally I think that it should be named the Ford Comfortable! :blink:

Or Ford Silence.

#11 OFFLINE   TweenerLJ

TweenerLJ

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

Funny, I kind of saw the bronco in the front end styling too. My dad has a 71 and my mom used to have an 85. I love the old broncos. For me though, it would be a shame to name a CUV a bronco.

#12 OFFLINE   Lunchbox

Lunchbox

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

I though I was the only one getting told/asked "what is the fuel milage like with the flex fuel vehicle!" or "What does flex mean?" Which is funny because my 2008 F150 was flex either E85 or gas. But Ford doesnt advertise with loud badges on the vehicle. Unlike Chev, or Dodge!

#13 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

I though I was the only one getting told/asked "what is the fuel milage like with the flex fuel vehicle!" or "What does flex mean?" Which is funny because my 2008 F150 was flex either E85 or gas. But Ford doesnt advertise with loud badges on the vehicle. Unlike Chev, or Dodge!

Ford used to 'advertise' it with a badge, but that badge is essentially the Hybrid badge now.

#14 OFFLINE   Nickshu

Nickshu

Shu-Box

• Ford Flex Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

Ford used to 'advertise' it with a badge, but that badge is essentially the Hybrid badge now.

I just took the badges off. Dental floss and Goo gone...."Flex" is gone. Looks nice and clean.

#15 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

I just took the badges off. Dental floss and Goo gone...."Flex" is gone. Looks nice and clean.

Really, hmm....what level is yours? I ask b/c it's more difficult to notice the Flex and Limited lettering with the aluminum tailgate band.

#16 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:46 AM

flex was named flex for it's flexibility. i think it is a great name.
i have been driving a fwd for the last little while as the dealership is painting my roof. thank god i got the awd version. fwd has so much torque steer it is a little worrisome.

#17 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

flex was named flex for it's flexibility. i think it is a great name.
i have been driving a fwd for the last little while as the dealership is painting my roof. thank god i got the awd version. fwd has so much torque steer it is a little worrisome.

That's what I said/thought about Flex's name too.

And that's exactly (or at least a big part of) why I got the AWD version.

#18 OFFLINE   dmorneau

dmorneau

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

That's what I said/thought about Flex's name too.

And that's exactly (or at least a big part of) why I got the AWD version.

You guys sure went off topic in this section. I want to clear a couple things up. It says not to use E85 in this vehicle. You would not want to anyway. They should just take it off the market because it is taking away from the food market (corn) and there is plenty of fuel around anyway. The other problem is that anybody I know that has used the E85 told me it burns faster. In other words the MPG drops compared to regular fuel. I even noticed when I drove my Expedition that when using high ethanol added fuels that the mileage dropped. Don't listen to the government. There is plenty of oil out there and they keep finding more.

#19 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Ford Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

You guys sure went off topic in this section. I want to clear a couple things up. It says not to use E85 in this vehicle. You would not want to anyway. They should just take it off the market because it is taking away from the food market (corn) and there is plenty of fuel around anyway. The other problem is that anybody I know that has used the E85 told me it burns faster. In other words the MPG drops compared to regular fuel. I even noticed when I drove my Expedition that when using high ethanol added fuels that the mileage dropped. Don't listen to the government. There is plenty of oil out there and they keep finding more.

How'd I get off topic? I was responding to the guy saying Flex is Flexible - I agreed because of seating configs and options, although I suppose you thought I meant fuel. And I agree with you....although ethanol can help get us off foreign oil, it basically creates more problems than it solves, i.e. the aforementioned (and proven) lower mileage and use of a food source. And since it gets lower mileage, that requires more of it, therefore reducing food availability even further, not to mention increasing prices on the food and fuel the corn would produce.

#20 OFFLINE   kiwee

kiwee

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:24 AM

went off topic?
try again.
the thread title is 'awd option'. did i miss something? i simply replied to the topic title. the body was poorly written for the title and vice versa. thread title should have been 'flex vs. bronco' or 'flex = bronco, possible name change' or something that better demonstrates the op's (original poster's) thought process.
e85 has been played with by friends of mine as well as c16 for tuning purposes to gain horsepower. that is a game better left for high hp applications.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·