Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Ecoboost twin turbo warranty question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flats3

flats3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Titanium AWD Ecoboost

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:33 AM

I just purchased a 2011 Flex Titanium AWD Ecoboost and as part of the closing sales pitch for the extended warranty, the finance manager said that the twin turbos were not covered by the power train warranty. He used this as an example of how expensive repair problems could be if I didn't get the extended warranty. I didn't purchase the extended warranty and when I got home I could find no exclusions for the twin turbos in the warranty booklet and the turbo housing seemed to be covered in a couple of places in addition to the power train warranty. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this statement or was just part of the hype to buy stuff at closing like the paint protection, rust proofing etc. Thanks for the help

Hal

#2 OFFLINE   grndsm

grndsm

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

Sounds like he was BS'ing you, in order to make a sale on their biggest money maker! You made a smart choice!

The only way they can deny turbo repairs, is if you modified your Flex. But then, any extented warranty will also be void...

#3 OFFLINE   flats3

flats3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Titanium AWD Ecoboost

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I spoke to the service manager about this and he looked it up in his manual and confirmed that the turbo's are only covered by the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and not included in the 5 year power train warranty. Incredible! How can this make any sense unless you're trying to sell extended warranty's.

#4 OFFLINE   turbodave

turbodave

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Lincoln MKT, Ecoboost, Crystal Champagne

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

I spoke to the service manager about this and he looked it up in his manual and confirmed that the turbo's are only covered by the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and not included in the 5 year power train warranty. Incredible! How can this make any sense unless you're trying to sell extended warranty's.

I think your service manager may be misinformed. OR. Ford and Lincoln have different warranties, which I doubt. In my owners manual package there is a smaller booklet called "Warranty Guide". You should also have one of these. In mine is specifically shows that the turbos ARE covered by the 6 year/70,000 mile factory powertrain warranty, specifically page 10.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·