Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

avital remote start review

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dsfdlish

dsfdlish

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I have seen threads about adding remote start to the flex, oe & aftermarket. Today I installed an Avital 4003 add on remote start, it uses the factory key, through the programming I set it to start with 2 taps of the lock button. I also had to use a bypass modual so I used the xpresskit unit. I was able to get both parts for well under $100 thanks to a vendor my company uses but I'm sure some online shopping could turn up similar prices. The install was easy & the only issue was a wiring discrepancy for the lock motor(called for gray/green, actually was tan/green haha) and am very happy overall with the unit & install and would recommend the set up to any flex owners looking to add remote start to their ride! :)

http://www.avital.co... System&id=5008
http://www.xpresskit.com/Default.aspx

#2 OFFLINE   pasleyb

pasleyb

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I had the Avital 4003 installed by a local shop $275 before tax. I had them set it to start with 3 taps of the lock button because I am in the habit of pressing lock twice as I walk away from it to verify it is locked.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·