Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Low Speed Hesitation/Surge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grndsm

grndsm

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

Both my wife and I have notice that our 09 FWD Flex has strange hesitation/surge/stumble when creeping along at low speed (5-15 mph), as you would during stop and go traffic.

As anyone else noticed this on their Flex?
How about TSBs?

We are at 58k miles, so we want to take it in before 60k. But I would like to be armed with as much knowledge as possible.

Edited by grndsm, 09 December 2010 - 11:29 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   samflex

samflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Both my wife and I have notice that our ’09 FWD Flex has strange hesitation/surge/stumble when creeping along at low speed (5-15 mph), as you would during stop and go traffic.

As anyone else noticed this on their Flex?
How about TSBs?

We are at 58k miles, so we want to take it in before 60k. But I would like to be armed with as much knowledge as possible.

Did you find the root cause of the problem???...I have a 2009 Flex with 53M+ miles and have the a similar problem....my truck experiences a "shuttering/lurching/surging" on the front-end(engine?) when i accelerate between 20-40 mph, then the "effect" stops and the truck rides smoothly....what's up????...I am taking it to the dealer on Wednesday of this week...

Edited by samflex, 23 May 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

Did you find the root cause of the problem???...I have a 2009 Flex with 53M+ miles and have the a similar problem....my truck experiences a "shuttering/lurching/surging" on the front-end(engine?) when i accelerate between 20-40 mph, then the "effect" stops and the truck rides smoothly....what's up????...I am taking it to the dealer on Wednesday of this week...

Im sorry to hear that youre having difficulties with the shifting on your Flex. Have you been to the dealership yet to find out the cause of the problem? I recommend calling the Britain Ford Customer Relationship Centre (0845-841-1111) if you would like further assistance with this.

Cory

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·