Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Remote Start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnt26

johnt26

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

Hi All,
I recently had an AutoPage remote start installed in my 2011 Flex. The installer didn't like the factory unit (he works out of a Ford dealer) so I went with the Autopage. It works fine but he couldn't get the system to interface with the factory alarm like previous model years due to some changes Ford made. He had to install a separate autopage alarm, which doesnt interface with the factory unit, not a great solution.
Has anyone had the new factory remote start installed that enables seat heat and such? I read a couple of articles about that it would be available in the F-150 in 2011MY.
Thanks,
John

Edited by johnt26, 05 December 2010 - 06:24 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   crashmw

crashmw

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, Suzuki DRZ400

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

I thought that I would bring this topic back to life. We (the wife) has a 2011 LTD...
I was just turned away from an install at a local shop. I was looking to get the Autopage w remote start, and they could not install it...and have it work the way that they would like. The shop said that unlike the 2010, with the 2011 they could not find a way to defeat the factory alarm.
Dont get me wrong, I did not want them to go and "rig" a work around. And I informed them that I wanted it to work seamlessly with the Flex.
I have the Viper 9201 in my Ridgeline, and it works perfectly, and I really like the piece of mind of having the ability to look at the remote to see if the car was locked or not. I also really like the remote start for cold mornings, or ski trips.

Since the Flex is the wife's, I did not want any "strange" behavior, or quirks that we would have to live with.

Any suggestions? I cannot believe that the 2011 cannot have an alarm integrated. On a plus, the installer did not screw anything up, and he DID contact DEI, and Autopage who both told him that the 2011 would not operate like the 2010 and that there was no work around at the moment.

#3 OFFLINE   Pizboin

Pizboin

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 ford flex sel awd

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

There should be no problem with this car, its a standard 40bit ford system. I would recommend calling a compustar dealer, more importantly one who carries idatalink bypass mods to integate with th car. Directed although they make an OK starter they use/have junk bypass mods and in todays world the interface/bypass is 10x more important than actual starter/alarm.

#4 OFFLINE   surferdude

surferdude

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

This is very true as the interface is a very vital part of the remote start and a lot of the time way more valuable than the actual starter itself. Personally I have installed thousands of starts and bypasses. The real issue that you come in with a lot of the Fords is that whether Idatalink, and or Fortin, which are by far the leaders in the marketplace, is that most of the ford vehicles are not yet able to be controlled through Data unlike Gm, Honda, Dodge, Etc. So the installer has to go in a basically run wire to wire, and if you are looking to do features such as heated seats, there becomes an issue with being able to find appropriate wiring to interface with this as much of this on fords is controlled through the Sjb and or Gem module. Then comes the issue of if you start your car in the summer for the air conditioning then your seats are on unless you use a unit that will allow you to control this through the start, not the module. Many shops will not do this due to the extra time in trying to find the proper wire and if they do find it making sure that it can be interfaced properly.. Long story short just not worth it, as with many other vehicles on the market the module will do many functions of the vehicle all through data via Can bus in the vehicle. I am told that Idata is working on a piece for Fords that will control the body functions through data, but I have yet to see this yet.. Compustar is a very nice product and integrates well into the vehicle they have a slide in blade module made by Idata that really cleans the installation up under the dash.. As far as integrating into the factory alarm I looked up the wiring and this should be a very simple integration with no problems.
  • cooldealsintn likes this

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·