Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Backup camera...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

I had my first bumper scrape a couple of days ago. It was a dark rainy night and the Flex was parked in a manner that required a left backing turn. The first thing I noticed was the backup camera image was next to useless (the screen looked very fuzzy and perhaps a tad foggy.) I have my Flex for 6 months now and have NEVER had a problem with a screen that looked that bad.

So, I backed up slowly until I heard the backup beeping sound and I actually went over the edge of the safety area, resulting in a couple of small dings in the right side of the bumper where it contacted a wall. If the camera image had been clear as it normally is, this would not have happened. Also, I assume that if I had stopped at the first sound of the beeping warning , it also wouldn't have happened.

After the incident, I proceeded to drive home where I discovered my new dings. Today, I drove the Flex and got the same fuzzy screen in reverse. I got out and wiped the lens off and instantly, my normal backup image was back. Before the incident, I drove in wintery weather (snow and mud splashed on the rear popup door.)

My advise is to carry a rag for wiping off the camera lens if you're driving on wintery roads where the camera lens can get splashed on. Next time I see anything like my fuzzy screen, I'm going to get out of the vehicle and wipe the lens off (especially a night).

While my dings are not bad, I may take the vehicle into my body shop to make them go away. I just hate to see dings on my vehicles.

#2 OFFLINE   frpda205

frpda205

2010 MKt owner

• Ford Flex Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

try rainX

#3 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

try rainX

Interesting idea! However, I don't think my problem was caused by water as much as it was cause by all the dirt and mud in the snow hat was splattered off the road and on to my backup camera lens.

#4 OFFLINE   magic

magic

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

Its a poor design. The camera should be up at the third break light area where the rear wiper can clear the road dirt.

#5 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

I finally worked up my courage to ask what my bumper dings will cost to make them disappear. I was told $500 which I'll probably cough up one of these days as I see the dings every time I approach my Flex from the rear.

#6 OFFLINE   UB003

UB003

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

I learned after my Flex experanced its first rain to wipe my finger on the lens before getting into the car. The lens is not very big and you will not get to dirty.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·