Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble filling the fuel tank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kaalki

Kaalki

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

Every time I have to put gas in the tank, the nozzle keeps clicking off, as if the gas is backing up in the tank. I have to keep restarting the flow, and can only put a little in at a time and only very slowly. Takes FOREVER to fil the tank. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid that, or maybe there's something wrong and I should have it looked at?

#2 OFFLINE   roblectric

roblectric

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

Better have it looked at. Not normal, assuming you have used different gas stations.

#3 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

Every time I have to put gas in the tank, the nozzle keeps clicking off, as if the gas is backing up in the tank. I have to keep restarting the flow, and can only put a little in at a time and only very slowly. Takes FOREVER to fil the tank. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid that, or maybe there's something wrong and I should have it looked at?

How much gas do you have in the tank when it starts clicking off? I used to be a "topper", but I've mostly given up as it's a waste of my time getting the last drops in the tank. So, when mine clicks off, based on how much was in the tank before starting the refill, I the most I've put in the tank was 17.6 gallons. Based on what the "miles to empty shows", I strongly feel with my Flex that the miles to empty is probably about where you would pull off the road with a dead engine if you took it down to zero.

#4 OFFLINE   Johnston5

Johnston5

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Honda city

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

Anyone every have trouble filling gas tank? after tank is about half full on my 575 the the nozzle shuts off very often while attempting to fill up (like the tank is full but its deff not). i've tried various nozzle positions but nothing seems to work, takes me like 20 minutes to fill up the tank. any ideas?

#5 OFFLINE   johnny rocket

johnny rocket

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 38 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Flex Limited EB

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

I have heard, and experienced, for the fuel hose auto-shut off to work correctly (ie not shut off prematurely), the metal nozzle must maintain good contact with the metal lip of the auto's fill neck. Try tweaking the the fill nozzle over so it makes good contact and see if you can get it to fill full automatically.

If this doesn't work, you could have an obstruction in the fill neck and it should be replaced.

JR

#6 OFFLINE   Wagonhead

Wagonhead

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

I am having the same problem - and have struggled to make the fill nozzle fit the fill neck tightly so the fuel flow doesn't click off - no luck. Looks like I'll need to have the fill neck replaced.

#7 OFFLINE   Liteman

Liteman

Liteman

• Ford Flex Members
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex SEL

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I would have the filler neck check out by your local Ford Dealer!

#8 OFFLINE   lion

lion

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Focus RS

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:11 AM

I had same problem(

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·