Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Inside lower door panels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jettech462

jettech462

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

If you will notice the inside of your doors along the lower edge where the outer panel is bent over the inner panel it will catch water, dirt, salt or any other thing that could cause corrosion. My fix was to get a tube of silicone sealant and put a bead and smooth it out. I have a white Flex so white sealant blended right in and looks like it came that way.

#2 OFFLINE   Mtech

Mtech

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

Not something I would do. The bottom lip of the doors goes into a seal that runs the length of the wheelbase.

Additionally you want to ensure that the drains in the door have nothing blocking them from proper function.

It is my hope that Ford has adequately designed the 'wrap in' doors to resist both road debris to the outer surface and other stuff sitting on the top - inner surface.

My piece of mind comes in a spray bottle of Rust Check. :blink:

#3 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

Not something I would do. The bottom lip of the doors goes into a seal that runs the length of the wheelbase.

Additionally you want to ensure that the drains in the door have nothing blocking them from proper function.

It is my hope that Ford has adequately designed the 'wrap in' doors to resist both road debris to the outer surface and other stuff sitting on the top - inner surface.

My piece of mind comes in a spray bottle of Rust Check. :blink:

I put silicon in mine too cause salt collected there and as long as you dont plug the door drain which are above the lip u should have no problems

#4 OFFLINE   Nunzio

Nunzio

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex SEL

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

I put silicon in mine too cause salt collected there and as long as you dont plug the door drain which are above the lip u should have no problems

FYI, silicone is highly corrosive by itself. I would have used a body sealer specifically designed for sealing body panels.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·