Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

PCU Replaced

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ecoflex1

ecoflex1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

Just had my PCU (transfer case) replaced on my 2010 EB with only 3500 miles. The fluid looked like gravy when it was removed. Ford tech said unit was probably misbuilt-Possibly gears too tight-Ford sent a new unit and the replaced unit was sent back to Ford. Anyone else with this experience?

#2 OFFLINE   GaryAmundson

GaryAmundson

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

What were your symptoms? Did it smell like Thanksgiving (YUM) when you were driving? Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   eosBlue

eosBlue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

What were your symptoms? Did it smell like Thanksgiving (YUM) when you were driving? Posted Image

Reading between the lines, it appears that maybe you have some kind of odd odor going on with a Flex. Is that true and if so, is it a constant odor? I just returned from a 1300 road trip and a couple of times I noticed an odor which I assumed came from outside the vehicle. Hope I don't have something going on with my PCU.

#4 OFFLINE   ecoflex1

ecoflex1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Reading between the lines, it appears that maybe you have some kind of odd odor going on with a Flex. Is that true and if so, is it a constant odor? I just returned from a 1300 road trip and a couple of times I noticed an odor which I assumed came from outside the vehicle. Hope I don't have something going on with my PCU.

No odor...Just metallic clacking sound from front end!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·