Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Suddenly unable to Accelerate

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for the post.. please let us know if this has resolved your issue once you have had some time to drive the car. My Flex is at the dealership for the second time in a week, they seem to have no idea at all. They dont seem to be to receptive to what I have found on this forum. I have called Ford directly and opened a trouble call in with them as well so they have this issue on record. They have contacted the dealership directly to work with them.

I was hoping to have someone who has had this issue resolved respond to this post. I would love to have my dealership talk to their technician. If this resolves your issue maybe I can get the info from you..

This is making me very nervous as this is my wife's car and my 2 year old is always with her when this has happened. I hope we can find a fix soon.

Thanks

I will absolutely provide follow up after they work on my car. The appointment is Thursday, the 26th. They had to order the vehicle speed sensor and turbine speed sensor. I will also be happy to let you know the name of the dealership, the service writer and the transmission tech so your dealer can contact them if they like.

I copied posts from here and the MKS forum and pasted them onto an email and sent to the service writer. I wanted to point out to him that others have had the problem and the range sensor seemed to have been the appropriate remedy. The service writer had the transmission tech read the posts and he disagrees with the range sensor diagnosis. His explanation is that while the sensors have specific names, many service writers do not use the correct terminology - they might SAY range sensor but they MEAN turbine sensor.

So, I think the plan is to replace the vehicle speed sensor and turbine speed sensor on Thursday. If that doesn't fix it, they will replace the range sensor. While I cannot do anything to make this problem occur, it has been acting up 3-4 times a week when I least expect it. It shouldn't take me too long to determine if the work on Thursday fixes the car.

Edited by brucelinc, 23 August 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#22 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

OMG. You can basically disregard my last post. I just got this email from my service writer:

Hey Bruce, just a quick update, Chet my trans tech did some further research on your veh with all the info that you provided and there is a new bulletin regarding the TRS (Transmission Range Sensor).So we ordered a sensor and we will try that 1st and go from there. If you have any Questions please let me know.

Thanks Ken.

I will let you know how it turns out.

#23 OFFLINE   genki

genki

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

OMG. You can basically disregard my last post. I just got this email from my service writer:

Hey Bruce, just a quick update, Chet my trans tech did some further research on your veh with all the info that you provided and there is a new bulletin regarding the TRS (Transmission Range Sensor).So we ordered a sensor and we will try that 1st and go from there. If you have any Questions please let me know.

Thanks Ken.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks so much, I will get this info to my dealership as well. Let me know how it turns out. Any Idea what the TSB # may be?

Thanks AGAIN!!!!

Edited by genki, 24 August 2010 - 06:35 AM.

#24 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

Thanks so much, I will get this info to my dealership as well. Let me know how it turns out. Any Idea what the TSB # may be?

Thanks AGAIN!!!!

I don't know if there is an official published TSB yet or not. I am dying to get my hands on it if there is one. I haven't found anything on the web but I will press Ken, the service writer, for more information when I see him on Thursday. The Alldata site lists TSBs but they probably are not as up-to-date as a dealer.

#25 OFFLINE   genki

genki

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

So with your help on this forum my dealer has talked with Ford and concurred on ordering the TRS however there is a back order until September 16th... I hope that Ford can get me a loaner.... This sucks.....

#26 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

So with your help on this forum my dealer has talked with Ford and concurred on ordering the TRS however there is a back order until September 16th... I hope that Ford can get me a loaner.... This sucks.....

My service writer emailed me and told me that they didn't get the part so we are postponing the appointment that I had for tomorrow. He didn't mention a back order but that is undoubtedly true.

According to a poster over on the Edge site, there was an Oasis Special Service Message to Ford dealers back in May. The number was 21227. It addressed this issue and referenced the range sensor. According to the poster, she had it installed and it did NOT solve the problem. She quit posting in May and her email address is no longer valid. I hope there has been an updated SSM or TSB since then! According to my service writer, the tech got a "new" bulletin - but now I am a bit worried that he just stumbled onto the old one. I have been bugging him to death and don't want to press him too much harder on what he knows, when he knew it, and if what he knows is still valid!

If you learn any more before I do, please pass it on!

#27 OFFLINE   genki

genki

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

So I received a surprise call from my dealership today that they received the part this AM, installed it, have it out for a test drive and will be ready for pick up. I will let you know how it goes... I hope that this fixed the issue. I have already started persuing the "Lemon Law". They have one last chance.

#28 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

Looks like TSB 10-17-4 was just published on Aug 25th to address this issue.

#29 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Looks like TSB 10-17-4 was just published on Aug 25th to address this issue.

That is good news. I haven't found even the slightest description of it anywhere on the web, yet. I would sure like to read it - at least an overview.....

My dealer has not called or emailed yet so they haven't gotten the TRS. Strangely, all last week, my car behaved perfectly. Tonight, coming home from work at about 60 MPH, I lost all power to the wheels but the engine revved up to around 3000 RPM. Within 2 or 3 seconds, it re-engaged as though nothing had happened.

#30 OFFLINE   johnnyflex

johnnyflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

This is my issue as well 2010 ecoboost SEL. Dealer already swapped valve body according to another TSB a few weeks ago. Car is really shifting bad/slipping. It's at the dealer now as of yesterday. I hope they find tsb 10-17-4.... I'm really annoyed by this.

Let you know...

#31 OFFLINE   johnnyflex

johnnyflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

Just talked to the dealer. They still can't reproduce it... Happens everytime I drive it.... AHHHH. Told them to look at 10-17-4..... Dear god, I'm annoyed.

#32 OFFLINE   genki

genki

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Picked up the Flex last night... so far so good.. I'll keep you posted...

#33 OFFLINE   CASHnMD

CASHnMD

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

I'm having the same issues with my 2010 Flex SE. It has about 15000 miles now. Powetrain light and now Check Engine light are on. The 1st time the Powertrain light came on (8-20-10) I was travelling at 60-65 mph and the Flex started to deccelerate and the light came on. I was able to pull to the side of the road, turned it off for a few minutes and then drove home safely (the light did not come back on). I ran the Vehicle Health Report and it showed no problems. I took it to the dealership the following day and they ran diagnostics and tests the whole day and couldn't find anything. The Powertrain came on again yesterday while my wife was driving but with no decceleration this time. She made it home safely. I drove the Flex last night and the Powertrain light came back on then the Check Engine Light came on (I ran the Vehicle Health Report which was forwarded to the dealership). I took the Flex to the dealership again today. They are still performong diagnostics.

#34 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

Well, the range sensor came in for mine. Unfortunately, between my busy schedule and theirs, I can't get the car in until the 14th. Mine is so intermittent, I have no qualms with driving it. When mine acts up, it is usually only for a few seconds. That is not so good if I am trying to merge into traffic but, so far, most of my issues have been at steady cruising or when taking off gently from a dead stop. It has really never acted up when I am really accelerating briskly. I guess that gives me an excuse to accelerate briskly - which the ecoboost does quite well!

Guys, please keep us in the loop with follow-up information. Thanks to everyone for sharing experiences. I am really glad they issued the TSB - even though I have not seen it. There is nothing more aggravating than being told, "we can't duplicate it" or "unless the light comes on, we can't really diagnose it."

#35 OFFLINE   johnnyflex

johnnyflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Service still can't reproduce. I'm furious. now they tell me the A/C doesn't work. Called Ford Cust Service. Going to take alot to keep me loyal. I'm ready to swear Ford off for good and go back to Imports. This sucks....

#36 OFFLINE   johnnyflex

johnnyflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

I finally got the tech to experience the issue with me in the car. I went and did that on Friday with the non-trans guy and we had a THUD. Today, the trans guy was not satisified with that, so I drove his ass around until we had a MAJOR issue. He finally sees things my way. Waiting for a call from Ford Customer service. I can't wait to vent. This has cost me countless hours and actual dollars on gas/rentals/time away from work.

#37 OFFLINE   genki

genki

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

I finally got the tech to experience the issue with me in the car. I went and did that on Friday with the non-trans guy and we had a THUD. Today, the trans guy was not satisified with that, so I drove his ass around until we had a MAJOR issue. He finally sees things my way. Waiting for a call from Ford Customer service. I can't wait to vent. This has cost me countless hours and actual dollars on gas/rentals/time away from work.

Man I feel your pain.. My Wife had to take nearly a week with out pay for this crap. Since we have had the FLEX back with the new TRS we have not had any issues.... I hope this does not happen again

#38 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Man I feel your pain.. My Wife had to take nearly a week with out pay for this crap. Since we have had the FLEX back with the new TRS we have not had any issues.... I hope this does not happen again

That is good news, Genki. Thanks for the update. Yes, I hope the new TRS is upgraded from the original. Since there have been service messages and a TSB, my guess is that they know they had a problem with a batch of these sensors and hopefully the replacement is fine. I would sure like to see the actual TSB. My car was built in June of 2009. It was one of the first few hundred MKS ecoboosts built. I am not sure if this TRS issue impacted non-ecoboost transmissions, as well, but I would imagine it does. Mine goes in for the TRS next Tuesday.

#39 OFFLINE   johnnyflex

johnnyflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

Long story short....

Got the new trs installed no issues yet. Cust. rep from Ford gave me an extended warranty.

#40 OFFLINE   turnersmj

turnersmj

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for the post.. please let us know if this has resolved your issue once you have had some time to drive the car. My Flex is at the dealership for the second time in a week, they seem to have no idea at all. They dont seem to be to receptive to what I have found on this forum. I have called Ford directly and opened a trouble call in with them as well so they have this issue on record. They have contacted the dealership directly to work with them.

I was hoping to have someone who has had this issue resolved respond to this post. I would love to have my dealership talk to their technician. If this resolves your issue maybe I can get the info from you..

This is making me very nervous as this is my wife's car and my 2 year old is always with her when this has happened. I hope we can find a fix soon.

Thanks

The Trans. Range Sensor replace has fixed our issue through today at least.

My car was out of service for over a month. While it's working fine now, I have an ongoing issue I'm working as the compensation for this was not acceptable.

My advice is take this to Ford customer relationship center directly and work it up through there.

I was offered a 100k powertrain warranty as a result, but then it was rescinded because I already have an extended warranty (5yrs, 60k), I was offered a month of payments, then that was rescinded when I told them I own the car and don't have a payment.

My service dealer is Lithia Ford in Boise, Idaho.

Edited by turnersmj, 11 September 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·