Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Door and body pillars

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

I was wondering if anyone else pillars on the door are all swirled up just from normalwashing. I am talking about the black plastic parts. If so what have you tried if anything to fix the problem thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   drglnc

drglnc

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

I was wondering if anyone else pillars on the door are all swirled up just from normalwashing. I am talking about the black plastic parts. If so what have you tried if anything to fix the problem thanks.

Sure its from Washing? there was a previous thread about this being an issue from the factory but only being visible in certain light. You could always get the replacement chrome ones from ford

#3 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

You know I was going to post a similar topic.

I just got my Flex two weekends ago and managed only to wash it for the first time this past weekend (it's been raining here for like a week, lol).

I know when we got the Flex, those black plastic "covers" were in perfect shape. No scratching or swirl marks at all. After ONE WASH they were severely scratched and swirly...

Now I am very careful washing. Spray car first everywhere, then wash top to bottom. Use separate wash mitt for wheels and rocker panels. I even bought a new wash mitt and chamois just for the Flex.

So....yea all that to say it is SCRATCHED. And likely to get worse.

#4 OFFLINE   roush3

roush3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

You know I was going to post a similar topic.

I just got my Flex two weekends ago and managed only to wash it for the first time this past weekend (it's been raining here for like a week, lol).

I know when we got the Flex, those black plastic "covers" were in perfect shape. No scratching or swirl marks at all. After ONE WASH they were severely scratched and swirly...

Now I am very careful washing. Spray car first everywhere, then wash top to bottom. Use separate wash mitt for wheels and rocker panels. I even bought a new wash mitt and chamois just for the Flex.

So....yea all that to say it is SCRATCHED. And likely to get worse.

yea i am super careful about washing the right way. Never had this problem before, my dads SHO doesnt have this so they must use something different on them. I guess i will talk to the dealer about it and see what they say.

#5 OFFLINE   kermit

kermit

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

yeah they swirl easily even ater ii use a differnt or new rag to wipe !

#6 OFFLINE   curry67

curry67

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:ford

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hey even i facing the same problem but then i got it replaced completely and now it is working awesome.

Ford HID Kits Online

#7 OFFLINE   Davkhy

Davkhy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

My pillars are screeched also. I have had the car for 10 months and I have washed by hand since I got it. I use soft towels and MIT. Any chance that dealer will replace under Warren.

Dave B.

#8 OFFLINE   DJN12557

DJN12557

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford Flex

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Me too! My car is 8 months old. Took it in to the dealer. They took pictures. They've contacted Ford Company. Got a call from both stating that ”under certain circumstances, they will not warranty it.”

#9 OFFLINE   DJN12557

DJN12557

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hey even i facing the same problem but then i got it replaced completely and now it is working awesome.

Ford HID Kits Online

#10 OFFLINE   DJN12557

DJN12557

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

Me too! My car is 8 months old. Took it in to the dealer. They took pictures. They've contacted Ford Company. Got a call from both stating that ”under certain circumstances, they will not warranty it.”

#11 OFFLINE   DJN12557

DJN12557

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Sorry everyone on the repost..new to this. Reply to curry67...Did you go back to the dealer to get it replaced or did you replace it on your own?

#12 OFFLINE   NEWTON

NEWTON

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Have chrome on a an b pillars,front door keypad and leading edge of rear door. These after market kits advertize 8 piecies of chrome something (metal) or (laminate) can anyone tell me if one of the eight piecies are the wide c pillar  the beginning of the rear quarter window. Cannot tell from way advertizing articles explain piecies. This pillar trim is not available from  Ford. I am willing to buy a kit just to get these 2 piecies and then sell remaining 6 on e-bay. If any of you have added chrome to this pillars already would really like to hear what you have done and how.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·