Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Outside mirror stolen!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jadkins1000

jadkins1000

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:23 AM

Parked on the street in downtown Fort Worth and returned to find the passenger side exterior mirror unit swiveled out from the car and the mirror surface removed from the housing - not smashed or vandalized - just gone!...with the heated mirror leads and their connectors dangling. Not a bit of "damage" or vandalism anywhere. The remote adjust mechanism still works perfectly. It's as though someone wanted that exact item and knew exactly how to remove it.

Anyone know the install/uninstall method for that part of the mirror assembly only?

How about availability and price? A Google search doesn't help.

#2 OFFLINE   jadkins1000

jadkins1000

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

Parked on the street in downtown Fort Worth and returned to find the passenger side exterior mirror unit swiveled out from the car and the mirror surface removed from the housing - not smashed or vandalized - just gone!...with the heated mirror leads and their connectors dangling. Not a bit of "damage" or vandalism anywhere. The remote adjust mechanism still works perfectly. It's as though someone wanted that exact item and knew exactly how to remove it.

Anyone know the install/uninstall method for that part of the mirror assembly only?

How about availability and price? A Google search doesn't help.

#3 OFFLINE   jadkins1000

jadkins1000

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Turns out our mirrors are also used on Mustangs (according to the parts guy.) That might explain the theft to begin with. Highly unlikely that removal from the outside renders it usable again because of the resulting broken plastic clips.

$43 for the mirror. Connect the power leads (for the "heating") and it snaps right in.

Edited by jadkins1000, 17 May 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   brockdog12

brockdog12

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 18 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex SEL

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

I am not sure of the glass replacement piece but I did back out of the garage and rip my drivers side mirror off mine, $217.00 + tax from Ford for the complete assembly. Now I just need to find the time to dismantle the door and install it.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·