Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Magnaflow Exhaust!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Michael Tuccillo

Michael Tuccillo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

I just called Magnaflow today and an exhaust system is being test fitted now. They should have a system for us EcoBoost guys in 6 to 8 weeks!!!!!

#2 OFFLINE   swanny

swanny

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

There are mufflers that fit now if you don't need the whole cat-back thing - http://www.fordflex.....php?f=7&t=2263

#3 OFFLINE   we_b_flexn

we_b_flexn

"It ain't braggin if you can back it up"

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

I'm a die-hard Magnaflow customer, so I've looked into the cat-back system for my 2010 SEL.

Unless you're turning out 400 to 500 HP, there's no sense in spending the money on a mandrel bent, cat-back exhaust system.

I just got done replacing all the stock mufflers with a Magnaflow 4"x9"x14" in the rear, and a 21" resonator in the front...and it sounds bitchen!!!

In doing so, I saved myself $300.00!!!

Do yourself a favor...find yourself a good muffler guy, and they'll be able to hook you up like mine did.

#4 OFFLINE   Michael Tuccillo

Michael Tuccillo

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

The reason I install cat-back system is to retain the stock pipes if I need them. Also, any modification to California exhaust systems without a Carb E.O. number will fail smog. That is the reason for that, plus if I don't like the sound I can always change it back. I have never been much of a V6 guy (My other car is a balls out 347 91 Mustang LX).

I'm a die-hard Magnaflow customer, so I've looked into the cat-back system for my 2010 SEL.

Unless you're turning out 400 to 500 HP, there's no sense in spending the money on a mandrel bent, cat-back exhaust system.

I just got done replacing all the stock mufflers with a Magnaflow 4"x9"x14" in the rear, and a 21" resonator in the front...and it sounds bitchen!!!

In doing so, I saved myself $300.00!!!

Do yourself a favor...find yourself a good muffler guy, and they'll be able to hook you up like mine did.

#5 OFFLINE   DJ Lantz

DJ Lantz

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

The reason I install cat-back system is to retain the stock pipes if I need them. Also, any modification to California exhaust systems without a Carb E.O. number will fail smog. That is the reason for that, plus if I don't like the sound I can always change it back. I have never been much of a V6 guy (My other car is a balls out 347 91 Mustang LX).

Would the cat back system for the 2010 ecoboost flex thats listed on the magnaflow site fit on a 2011 ecoboost?
http://www.magnaflow...=FLEX&year=2010

#6 OFFLINE   tenracing

tenracing

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Titanium White/blk roof

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

I would say that Eco Boost exhaust would have to be different than the non turbo, these guys show the eco boost system available...

http://www.fastlanet...rdEcoBoost.aspx

I see that Magna flow now shows a cat back system for the eco boost Flex Now I just need to decide if I want to put it on my flex when i get it...

Edited by tenracing, 26 February 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   JCx4

JCx4

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

I just called Magnaflow today and an exhaust system is being test fitted now. They should have a system for us EcoBoost guys in 6 to 8 weeks!!!!!

Edited by JCx4, 20 April 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   Raincity

Raincity

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

Expect marginal performance gains from a cat-back exhaust system unless your purely in it for the sportier sound. Exhaust flow will still be restricted with the cat in place. Larger, mandrel and/or free flowing exhausts help with keeping the exhaust gasses flowing reducing spool on larger turbos. Last I looked, the turbos equipped on an Ecoboost are Garret GT-15's. They are small and don't require a lot of exhaust velocity to get them into spinning. I notice with the stock exhaust that there is marginal lag..

I am going to try a water/meth injection system. Seems pretty popular and I have friends that use it on their turbo projects with great results. I know with Volkswagen direct injection motors (2.0LFSI) there has been excessive carbon build-up on the valves. Water/meth injection helps with this along with the performance gains.
Maybe an aftermarket intercooler set-up with a larger and more efficient core and better flowing IC piping?
And if your budget is larger, custom tune, bigger injectors, increased fuel pump output?

#9 OFFLINE   Scrming

Scrming

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 25 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex EB

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

Expect marginal performance gains from a cat-back exhaust system unless your purely in it for the sportier sound. Exhaust flow will still be restricted with the cat in place. Larger, mandrel and/or free flowing exhausts help with keeping the exhaust gasses flowing reducing spool on larger turbos. Last I looked, the turbos equipped on an Ecoboost are Garret GT-15's. They are small and don't require a lot of exhaust velocity to get them into spinning. I notice with the stock exhaust that there is marginal lag..

I am going to try a water/meth injection system. Seems pretty popular and I have friends that use it on their turbo projects with great results. I know with Volkswagen direct injection motors (2.0LFSI) there has been excessive carbon build-up on the valves. Water/meth injection helps with this along with the performance gains.
Maybe an aftermarket intercooler set-up with a larger and more efficient core and better flowing IC piping?
And if your budget is larger, custom tune, bigger injectors, increased fuel pump output?

Actually... while I was working with Scott from MRT, developing an axle-back kit for the my Flex EB we cut open one of the stock mufflers.. OMG!!! Talk about a CORK!!!

Half the stock muffler is jam packed with fiberglass:

Posted Image

And how do the gasses flow... the outlet tube is quite a bit smaller than the inlet tube!

Posted Image

and when I say jammed packed...

Posted Image

We picked up close to 20 HP with the MRT axle back over the stock mufflers...

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·