Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

COD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

I just read an article regarding the Coefficient of Drag on the Flex. Being that it is a brick, you would assume it has a high COD. Guess what, it doesn't!!!!! It is actually lower in COD than the GMC brethren, Acadia, Outlook and the like. It has the SAME COD as a Tesla Roadster, and it just .02 higher then the Fusion. It takes just 8.9 HP to move at 55 MPH. The aforementioned models need 9.3 HP to do the same.

Whodathunkit?!

Article

#2 OFFLINE   bbskip

bbskip

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

I just read an article regarding the Coefficient of Drag on the Flex. Being that it is a brick, you would assume it has a high COD. Guess what, it doesn't!!!!! It is actually lower in COD than the GMC brethren, Acadia, Outlook and the like. It has the SAME COD as a Tesla Roadster, and it just .02 higher then the Fusion. It takes just 8.9 HP to move at 55 MPH. The aforementioned models need 9.3 HP to do the same.

Whodathunkit?!

Article

That is surprising.

Well, it certainly addresses my concerns about adding mud flaps. :)

#3 OFFLINE   bensford66

bensford66

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:47 AM

I've shared that link with a bunch of co-workers and all were suprised. I have started a craze here at work and I have three others looking at them for their next company cars as well...

#4 OFFLINE   kermit

kermit

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

wow, thanks for that info , i wouldnt have known

#5 OFFLINE   D'Aire

D'Aire

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

Whodathunkit?!

Article

Thanks for the great information!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·