Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Just bought a flex, was it a mistake?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paiahippiehater

paiahippiehater

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

Ok i dont mean to piss anyone off but 2 days off the lot my '09 flex has a few problems already... center console latch busted and a plastic panel on the driverside passenger door poped off... also the A/C seems to go in and out unless its on max a/c... is this a sign of things to come or just bad luck??????

#2 OFFLINE   coursy

coursy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

I hope for your sake it isn't. I have spoke with several owners with very few problems but I have lost my love for the flex. I have owned a 2009 for 90 days. In that time we have had 10 visits to the dealer for a total of 22 lost days of ownership. It goes back in tomorrow for another brake issue and a full check over before a 20 hour drive to Florida from Windsor Ontario. I am actually thinking about taking our 2003 Grand Caravan as it has never left us stranded. The Flex has a great feel but we have lost our confidence and will soon be ex-flexers and ex-Ford owners if this continues.When we mentioned "Lemon" to our dealer, they said not to go there yet but understood our frustration.

#3 OFFLINE   shotgun1

shotgun1

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

Ok i dont mean to piss anyone off but 2 days off the lot my '09 flex has a few problems already... center console latch busted and a plastic panel on the driverside passenger door poped off... also the A/C seems to go in and out unless its on max a/c... is this a sign of things to come or just bad luck??????

Is this a new flex ? and if it is why not buy a 2010 model. The center console could have been broken by a test driver, The door panel comes from the vendor in one piece except for the screw cover in the handle and the side reflector.As for the a/c don't know, But the dealership will fix it. I have a 2010 flex, picket it up Feb 2. no problem as of yet, I will be driving to Florida soon, hope i need the a/c!!! Don't give up yet. :D

#4 OFFLINE   2DARKBLUEMEM

2DARKBLUEMEM

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

Only issue I've had is a ultra sharp "A" piller next to the windsheld.

#5 OFFLINE   munnybunni

munnybunni

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

i leased (thank heavens) a 2010 ford flex 1,122 miles ago

i really dislike it

I guess my 2008 edge wasnt so bad after all!!!!

at times my left turn signal does not blink at all...i have almost been rearended three times...dealer cant find the problem

my dash chirps like i have birds in it...been to dealer they put some foam thingy around it ..it stopped for a bit but it keeps chirrping

they can take remote start and stick it where sun doesnt shine....my hubbies 2010 sporttrac does not have the mykey thing...so his works like the good old remote start...i feel stupid...starting my car walking to it...opening it and then restarting it...several people have said they cant believe it is a "better idea by ford:

i told my husband if it get hit because someone hits be from behind because the blinkers arent working....hire an attorney as i am really frustrated...cant make right turns all my leased life on this car

my dad worked for ford for 40 years....and i worked there in the 70's and have always bought fords due to the discount we get and i think they look nice...but, i am very disappointed in the flex.

i have called customer service at ford and they document stuff but these new whiz kids that are engineering this have to be smoking something to cloud their minds

#6 OFFLINE   jeffryl

jeffryl

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

I've had my '09 flex for 14 months, and love it. I did have the same issues with the centre console latch and screw cover on the passenger door. The screw cover I just popped back in, and it hasn't been a problem again. The console latch I had fixed with my first oil change, and it also has not been a problem since it was fixed. The AC works a lot better in my flex than the AC in my wife's '99 beetle, but i rarely play with it. after the first week of trying things out, I hit the auto button and that was it, other than to change the temperature by a few degrees once in a while.

#7 OFFLINE   jeffryl

jeffryl

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:52 AM

i leased (thank heavens) a 2010 ford flex 1,122 miles ago

i really dislike it

I guess my 2008 edge wasnt so bad after all!!!!

at times my left turn signal does not blink at all...i have almost been rearended three times...dealer cant find the problem

my dash chirps like i have birds in it...been to dealer they put some foam thingy around it ..it stopped for a bit but it keeps chirrping

they can take remote start and stick it where sun doesnt shine....my hubbies 2010 sporttrac does not have the mykey thing...so his works like the good old remote start...i feel stupid...starting my car walking to it...opening it and then restarting it...several people have said they cant believe it is a "better idea by ford:

i told my husband if it get hit because someone hits be from behind because the blinkers arent working....hire an attorney as i am really frustrated...cant make right turns all my leased life on this car

my dad worked for ford for 40 years....and i worked there in the 70's and have always bought fords due to the discount we get and i think they look nice...but, i am very disappointed in the flex.

i have called customer service at ford and they document stuff but these new whiz kids that are engineering this have to be smoking something to cloud their minds

too bad about the chirping. my Flex is one of the quitest vehicles i've ever been in. I also have the remote start, and don't have any issues with it. I hit the button, the vehicle starts, i hop in, stick the key in the ignition, and drive away. My wife's key and remote start work the same way. The only time it doesn't work that way is when I get in with my clown size feet and accidentally touch the brake pedal. Then I have to re-start, but my friends Grand Prix works exactly the same way.

#8 OFFLINE   Lue

Lue

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

I have had my 09 coming up on 2 years now. I love it. It has been a great vehicle. The brake grind thing that everyone had sucked, but in the big scheme of things. We've really enjoyed the car. We're debating a new one or just keep driving this one. Can't stand a car for more than about 2 years. I know, it's an awful affliction.

#9 OFFLINE   Fastlane

Fastlane

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

I just had all four door panels off my 2010 Limited to replace the speakers and there are two bolt covers plus the reflector screw cover on each panel. The bolt covers are located behind the pull handle on the armrest and door release lever. There are 4 tabs on the armrest cover and 3 on the door release. If the cover is missing any tabs, that's why it won't stay in place. Double stick tape would do a temp fix and I doubt the replacement part would cost much. If the car was pre-owned, they probably had the door panels off and broke some tabs (not hard to do).
I think the console latch is a common problem with a TSB I read and free replacements at the dealer. Maybe the new part is designed better.

So far no major problems with mine. I have had better climate controls in other vehicles. I'd prefer knobs for fan and temp rather than the up/down buttons. There is the Sync voice control for various settings, including climate temp, but don't find myself using it much. Do you have dual temp settings and the passenger side is telling the AC to shut off?

Not too happy with the GPS Nav either, but maybe I need to get used to it. Part of it must be the map software was never up to date, because it didn't show our hotel that has been there for more than two years. As long as there are no major mechanical or electrical problems, I can adapt. We get mostly all positive comments and it is a real conversation starter. If you want to meet people and the dog thing hasn't worked out, try the Flex. :dance:

#10 OFFLINE   ShariGriffith

ShariGriffith

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

You made a terrible mistake buying a ford flex I have a 2009 and have nothing but problems.new brakes new tires steering lock broken and also the transmission.You want to hear more?

#11 OFFLINE   Brownie

Brownie

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

You made a terrible mistake buying a ford flex I have a 2009 and have nothing but problems.new brakes new tires steering lock broken and also the transmission.You want to hear more?

Ya....you can tell by all the happy people on the board that the Flex is bad vehicle. Sounds like you got yourself a lemon....it happens!

Edited by Brownie, 11 May 2011 - 08:11 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·