Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Panoramic vista roof

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rufus

Rufus

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

Hi,

We purchased our Ford Flex Limited with a panoramic vista roof about a month ago. Love the car. My wife went from "over my dead body" when I suggested buying the car because of its looks to now thinking its a cool looking car. We purchased a two tone - gray body with white roof.
Question - we took the Flex on a road trip and I noticed a rattle in the area where the panoramic vista roof is, above the driver's side. How anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   FlexinToronto

FlexinToronto

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

We have had our 2010 Ecoboost since September last year. No rattles to report.. Could it be the slide visor?

Greg

#3 OFFLINE   buckeyepilot

buckeyepilot

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:20 AM

I have a 2009 Flex SEL and this happened to me as well. They had to take the head liner off and tighten something up back there. I was almost a constant rattle every little bump in the road made it rattle. Now if I hit a large bump it will rattle, have to take it back and get it re tightened.

#4 OFFLINE   carman

carman

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

No rattle on mine. But I have heard a slight whistling sound near the driver's side window at higher speeds.

#5 OFFLINE   jackhole68

jackhole68

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

We had a rattle just behind the sun roof above and behind the drivers right ear. Took it in and they fixed it promptly.

#6 OFFLINE   turbo-minivan

turbo-minivan

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

No rattle on mine. But I have heard a slight whistling sound near the driver's side window at higher speeds.

i get this too on my 2010. its been driving me nuts cause i cant seem to find where its coming from! have you taken yours in or figured it out yet?

#7 OFFLINE   _3440

_3440

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

i get this too on my 2010. its been driving me nuts cause i cant seem to find where its coming from! have you taken yours in or figured it out yet?

I had the same issue with my 2011 Flex Limited. There was a rattle right behind the sun roof. Ford fixed it promptly with no questions ask. Hell, they even changed the oil free of charge!

#8 OFFLINE   Stshots

Stshots

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Ecoboost limited.

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. Rattles in the headliner. I'm cool with taking it in to ford to have them fix it, but does anybody know what they are doing to fix it? I'd rather just do it myself if it's an easy fix.

#9 OFFLINE   flemflex

flemflex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

No rattle but mine cracked along with the D-Pillers, all was replaced under warranty but worried it will do it again.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·