Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FINDING KEYLESS ENTRY CODE

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   56MUST

56MUST

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Where can I find the code for the keyless enrty? Just bought 09 limited loaded except the fridge . We received owners manual but not code card for keyless enrty. I know that Ford used to put a sticker in some of the jambs on some cars , could not find one on the Flex. Thanks for the help
  • Tedknight likes this

#2 OFFLINE   jrys

jrys

JRYS

• Ford Flex Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

I picked up my Flex the day after it arrived at the Dealer from the factory.
The only place it had the Keyless Entry Code was on a credit card size card in the owners manual packet.

#3 OFFLINE   jrys

jrys

JRYS

• Ford Flex Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

Your Ford Dealer can get it for you.

#4 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

If you can locate the module, the code sticker is on that. Some cars have it behind a panel, others have them in the door. That is the only way the dealer will be able to get you the code that I know of.

#5 OFFLINE   jrys

jrys

JRYS

• Ford Flex Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

Your Ford Dealer can just go on-line and retrieve it from the Ford data base. All they need is your VIN, which they have.

Edited by jrys, 22 February 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   wizofozus

wizofozus

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Where can I find the code for the keyless enrty? Just bought 09 limited loaded except the fridge . We received owners manual but not code card for keyless enrty. I know that Ford used to put a sticker in some of the jambs on some cars , could not find one on the Flex. Thanks for the help

It's easy to find. I used to work for someone in that group at Ford. Look under the dash on the driver side. Should be a computer module there with a handful of wires going into it. There is a sticker right where you can see it with the keycode you need on it. You'll likely need a flashlight to see the sticker.

Write it in your owners manual when you find it. My brothers 2010 Fusion Sport did not come with a key code card either and he bought it new.

#7 OFFLINE   56MUST

56MUST

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:24 AM

Thanks Everyone ,

The sticker was just under the dash on left side near the kick panel.

#8 OFFLINE   ACDII

ACDII

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Thanks Everyone ,

The sticker was just under the dash on left side near the kick panel.

Well that sure is a lot better than the Explorer and Grand Marquis locations. The Explorer was on the drivers side in the back inside the side panel, a real twist to get a mirror and light in there to find it, the Grand Marquis you have to pull the door panel off the drivers door to find it. Crown Vic and Town cars are in the same spot.

#9 OFFLINE   alpacino888

alpacino888

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

hello my name is andy. I'm from germany. I drive a Ford since a week flex awd.
I'm looking for the keyless entry code.
it may be that the code is paid and from 6th
on my kick panel is to pay a stickers with 6??
sorry for my english

#10 OFFLINE   odm77

odm77

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

THANK YOU Wizofocus!!

I bought a like new 2009 from a dealership out of town, and my local dealer wanted to charge me $80 for the keycode. And there it is, under the driver's side exactly where you said. It was very clear to see, and works perfectly!

#11 OFFLINE   mpt69

mpt69

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Thanks you! Located on drivers side fuse box by your feet. There is a sticker with one number on it.

#12 OFFLINE   pamelashead

pamelashead

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Ford Flex Limited

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

WOW Thanks so much, I also just bought a 2009 ford flex with no keycode card either. It was exactly where you said it was.

#13 OFFLINE   mmsstar

mmsstar

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 242 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

The reason the dealer wants to charge you is because they have to hook the car up to their computer. Other than the card supplied with the car, or finding the sticker on the module there is just no other way to get the code.

#14 OFFLINE   mayday17

mayday17

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Just bought a 2010 Flex... without the code card. The Ford dealer said that it`s next to impossible to get but they would gladly scan my vehicle to obtain the code - for a price! I decided to join the forum and glad I did. It was right where you said it was. Driver side, on the module, directly below the parking brake. The sticker with the code was even right side up! - very easy to spot! Thanks Guys!

#15 OFFLINE   FordCustomerService

FordCustomerService

New Flex Member

• Official Ford Motor Co
  • 265 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

...I decided to join the forum and glad I did. It was right where you said it was. Driver side, on the module, directly below the parking brake. The sticker with the code was even right side up! - very easy to spot! Thanks Guys!

Thatís great, mayday17! Welcome to the forum; this community is truly awesome. Now you donít have to worry about locking your keys in your car. ;)

Cory

#16 OFFLINE   2011FLEXED

2011FLEXED

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

Just bought a 2010 Flex... without the code card. The Ford dealer said that it`s next to impossible to get but they would gladly scan my vehicle to obtain the code - for a price! I decided to join the forum and glad I did. It was right where you said it was. Driver side, on the module, directly below the parking brake. The sticker with the code was even right side up! - very easy to spot! Thanks Guys!

It's pretty sad that the Ford stealership tried to rip you off like that, it's because things like this that I don't take my cars to the dealer!

#17 OFFLINE   MamaFlex

MamaFlex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex Limited Cherry

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the info, my code was also on the electrical box at the top of the emergency brake, under the drivers side. And for those wondering how you get the numbers to light up (at night) on the door pillar, just run your finger from top to bottom, and then enter your code. Every push of a number should light the tiny little red led at the top of the code panel.

Part of me wonders if a unscruplious valet wrote that number down, could he not get into your car to steal anything?

MamaFlex :-)

#18 OFFLINE   Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 68 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Flex

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Thanks everyone for the info, my code was also on the electrical box at the top of the emergency brake, under the drivers side. And for those wondering how you get the numbers to light up (at night) on the door pillar, just run your finger from top to bottom, and then enter your code. Every push of a number should light the tiny little red led at the top of the code panel.

Part of me wonders if a unscruplious valet wrote that number down, could he not get into your car to steal anything?

MamaFlex :-)

Yes, but then he could break a window, too. I suppose you could remove the sticker, but then it wouldn't be there for emergency use.

#19 OFFLINE   verper

verper

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Flex, 2000 Taurus

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

Thank You!

#20 OFFLINE   Laurie Melissa Robbins

Laurie Melissa Robbins

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Facebook
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hello there!!!!! The dealer is delivering my 2011 SEL model tomorrow. So many gadgets!!! I just (unintentionally) retired my 1993 Accord so it's all new to me. I will look for the keyless entry code as stated in a previous thread - that's first! Also, how does SYNC work? I know it's not the "right" forum convo but no sense in posting twice. Do I have to have a code or PIN to link to my phone via bluetooth? I just don't have the first clue. THANKS!!!!!!!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·