Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

My Wife Was Right

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Felex

Felex

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:01 AM

My wife was right when she insisted that we purchase our '09 Flex Limited with all-wheel drive. I have never experiened a more sure-footed vehicle. Have had several snows this winter here in Northern Missouri. Yesterday's snow was a real slick one--we made a 100-mile-trip to Des Moines and had no difficulty at all.

Yesterday morning my daughter-in-law put her '02 Windstar through a fence when she thought she was entering into a slide. That vehicle is not at all user friendly under slick conditions. We went down the same road with the Flex. (Her Windstar was my vehicle before getting the Flex.)

When I saw my son with his 4-wheel drive '04 F150 trying to get out of a snowdrift the other day, I was certainly glad to have AWD on the Flex. Of course, only two of his tires were not spinning--one on the back and one on the front.

So, this 69-year-old is thankful for a wise wife this winter.

Our Redfire Flex was purchased with the "Clunker Law" on August 7; it turned 14,300 miles last night at 11 pm when we returned from Des Moines. Retirement gives us more time to be "on the road."

We have yet to have any regret from purchasing the Flex--yes, some people think that it is ugly, but "what a vehicle." We happen to love how the Flex looks--can't please all the people all the time.

#2 OFFLINE   QSHIPWAGON

QSHIPWAGON

FLEXible Flyer

• Ford Flex Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

My wife was right when she insisted that we purchase our '09 Flex Limited with all-wheel drive. I have never experiened a more sure-footed vehicle. Have had several snows this winter here in Northern Missouri. Yesterday's snow was a real slick one--we made a 100-mile-trip to Des Moines and had no difficulty at all.

Yesterday morning my daughter-in-law put her '02 Windstar through a fence when she thought she was entering into a slide. That vehicle is not at all user friendly under slick conditions. We went down the same road with the Flex. (Her Windstar was my vehicle before getting the Flex.)

When I saw my son with his 4-wheel drive '04 F150 trying to get out of a snowdrift the other day, I was certainly glad to have AWD on the Flex. Of course, only two of his tires were not spinning--one on the back and one on the front.

So, this 69-year-old is thankful for a wise wife this winter.

Our Redfire Flex was purchased with the "Clunker Law" on August 7; it turned 14,300 miles last night at 11 pm when we returned from Des Moines. Retirement gives us more time to be "on the road."

We have yet to have any regret from purchasing the Flex--yes, some people think that it is ugly, but "what a vehicle." We happen to love how the Flex looks--can't please all the people all the time.

Very cool... I had the pleasure of pulling a Porsche Cayenne out of a snowbank a couple of weeks ago... its killing me I don't have a photograph!

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·