Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Factory Auto Start HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Monkeyman

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

So, I took my Flex to the dealer today to get the auto start reprogramed so that it doesn't turn off when the doors open. I waited for 2 hours to have them tell me that they don't know how to reprogram the auto start. They said all they can do is to change it to factory default which it is on now. They don't know how to change it b/c my Flex is the first car with factory auto start installed on it.

So I have to tell them how to do their job now. Does anyone know what to do or what I need to tell the dealer/service dept on how to fix this issue? Any help would be very appreciated........

#2 OFFLINE   jrys

jrys

JRYS

• Ford Flex Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

So, I took my Flex to the dealer today to get the auto start reprogramed so that it doesn't turn off when the doors open. I waited for 2 hours to have them tell me that they don't know how to reprogram the auto start. They said all they can do is to change it to factory default which it is on now. They don't know how to change it b/c my Flex is the first car with factory auto start installed on it.

So I have to tell them how to do their job now. Does anyone know what to do or what I need to tell the dealer/service dept on how to fix this issue? Any help would be very appreciated........

Ford will not let the Dealers turn off the (open door shut down feature) because it will allow the MyKey to be defeated.

You can reprogram the remote start yourself. The procedure is on page two of this thread.
link to FIX

#3 OFFLINE   Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Monkeyman

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

Thank you...... I will try this out.

#4 OFFLINE   cutmemick

cutmemick

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Thank you...... I will try this out.

Try another dealer.I brought mine in to the dealer and they changed it.

#5 OFFLINE   Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Monkeyman

• Ford Flex Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

I wish I could do that but I live on Guam and there is only one Ford Dealer on the island.

#6 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:24 AM

I wish I could do that but I live on Guam and there is only one Ford Dealer on the island.

Guam? Watch out for the Coconut crabs!!

Edited by Gumby, 03 February 2010 - 05:39 AM.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·