Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Flex Forum. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community - but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the Ford Flex Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account

Guest Message by DevFuse

Feel Faster?  We're Now on a Dedicated Server!

Photo
- - - - -

Tail light ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nada 50

nada 50

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

Anyone else having their tail lights fogging up. I don't know if it's caused by the 10 degree weather, that I just washed it or a combination of both. It's only basically on the top part 1/4 part of the light. Anyone else?

#2 OFFLINE   Gumby

Gumby

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Maybe the seal around the lense is faulty. Do they both do that?

Check and see if it goes away after a day or so, if not I would bring it back to the dealer and ask them to replace it.

#3 OFFLINE   nada 50

nada 50

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Maybe the seal around the lense is faulty. Do they both do that?

Check and see if it goes away after a day or so, if not I would bring it back to the dealer and ask them to replace it.

Yeah they both did that only on the top, I took it to the dealer for other things and by that time, 2 days later it was gone. They are still gonna look at it.

#4 OFFLINE   joedaveire

joedaveire

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

the owner's manual says that a little fogging is normal during cold damp climates. The light assemblies are vented. It should go away after a day or two of warm dry weather.

#5 OFFLINE   batmommy

batmommy

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

Anyone else having their tail lights fogging up. I don't know if it's caused by the 10 degree weather, that I just washed it or a combination of both. It's only basically on the top part 1/4 part of the light. Anyone else?

Hello! Sorry for the late reply - I haven't been on in a while. I noticed one of my taillights fogged up last week after I drove in a hard rain. I need to take it to the dealer to check the seal - water is getting inside somehow. Did you figure out what happened with yours?

#6 OFFLINE   flats3

flats3

New Flex Member

• Ford Flex Members
  • 8 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Titanium AWD Ecoboost

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Both of my rear lights fog over about 1/2 the entire lens and the right front lens does the same thing. Yes it eventually goes away. I've never owned another car that does this, Fords included. If this is designed to do this I think Ford should rethink their design.

Custom Search

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·